Air leaks rob your home of energy and comfort. Find and seal up leaks for a safer, more comfortable and energy efficient home — and earn up to $150 back.
Take advantage of BayREN rebates on sealing air leaks and enjoy the comforts of a healthier, more energy-efficient home. Qualify for rebates up to $150.
Even when you don’t feel a draft, air leaks may be letting heated or cooled air out of your home — and letting unwanted pollutants inside. Sealing leaks is an inexpensive, effective way to lower heating and cooling costs, increase comfort, improve durability and create a healthier home.
To qualify, air sealing must either be completed as part of another building shell upgrade (e.g. wall or attic insulation) or must pass a blower door test-in and test-out to verify qualifying leakage reduction.
Get $150 cash back on air sealing when you work with a BayREN Participating Contractor.
See how to qualify:
Building air sealing ≥ 30% total leakage reduction (must be combined with another upgrade; otherwise requires blower door test-in and test-out to qualify as a standalone building shell upgrade)
Combustion Appliance Safety (CAS) test-out
CAS test-out required for all measures. Not available as a standalone rebate. Only one per service address.
|$150 bonus rebate|
- Rebates are available on a first-come, first-served basis and available for qualifying Bay Area residents with homes built in 2016 or earlier
- Customers who receive only one, electric or gas, service from PG&E can apply for measures that correspond to the services received
- Customers must complete eligible improvements with a BayREN Participating Contractor in order to receive a rebate (except for electrification appliance measures)
- Rebates are capped at $5,000 per eligible customer. Individual measure rebates may not exceed the measure cost
- Customer must not have previously received a rebate for the same product or equipment from more than one energy-efficiency program offering rebates, financing or other rebates funded with PG&E ratepayer dollars within the past three years for O&M measures and eight years for building shell, HVAC and water heating measures
- Customers may not exceed the $5,000 cap over an eight-year period
- Your BayREN Participating Contractor will assist you through the rebate process to make sure you get the best price on your projects.
- To get started, contact your Home Energy Advisor for information about qualifying projects. Then hire a BayREN Participating Contractor and get your project started!
- Your BayREN contractor will work with you to determine the scope and budget of your project. They will be able to tell you which rebates your project qualifies for.
- Your contractor will create documentation of your project before and after it is completed. Once the project is completed, the contractor will submit program documentation to BayREN on your behalf.
- After your documentation has been submitted, you can track the progress of your rebate online.
Bundle air sealing with other home energy upgrades for greater savings: