Bundle up your home with insulation for cozier winters and cooler, more comfortable summers — and big energy savings in every season.
Get cash back on insulation upgrades when you work with a BayREN Participating Contractor.
See which upgrades qualify, including the minimum required insulation performance rating (R value) and how much you can earn:
|Home Insulation Upgrades||Rebate|
Attic insulation ≥ R-44 (includes attic air sealing)
|$0.75 / ft2 (not to exceed $1,000 per home)|
Wall insulation ≥ R-13 (2x4 framing) or ≥ R-19 (2x6 framing)
|$0.70 / ft2 (not to exceed $1,000 per home)|
Combustion Appliance Safety (CAS) test-out
CAS test-out required for all measures. Not available as a standalone rebate. Only one per service address.
|$100 bonus rebate|
*Rebates were updated as of August 1st, 2023. Learn more.
- Eligible upgrades include wall and attic insulation.
- Rebates are available on a first-come, first-served basis and available for qualifying Bay Area residents with homes built in 2016 or earlier.
- Customers who receive only one, electric or gas, service from PG&E can apply for measures that correspond to the services received.
- Customers must complete eligible improvements with a BayREN Participating Contractor in order to receive a rebate (except for electrification appliance measures).
- Customer must not have previously received a rebate for the same product or equipment from more than one energy-efficiency program offering rebates, financing or other rebates funded with PG&E ratepayer dollars within the past three years for O&M measures and eight years for building shell, HVAC and water heating measures.
- One rebate is offered per measure per address.
- Rebates are capped at $4,000 per eligible customer over an eight-year period. Individual measure rebates may not exceed the measure cost.
- Your BayREN Participating Contractor will assist you through the rebate process to make sure you get the best price on your projects.
- To get started, contact your Home Energy Advisor for information about qualifying projects. Then hire a BayREN-certified contractor and get your project started!
- Your BayREN contractor will work with you to determine the scope and budget of your project. They will be able to tell you which rebates your project qualifies for.
- Your contractor will create documentation of your project before and after it is completed. Once the project is completed, the contractor will submit program documentation to BayREN on your behalf.
- After your documentation has been submitted, you can track the progress of your rebate online.