Heat Pump Dryers
Replace your conventional gas dryer with a high-efficiency heat pump dryer and watch your energy use tumble — by at least 28%.
Gentler on the environment, gentler on your home, gentler on your clothing and gentler on your wallet — heat pump dryers are a win, win, win.
Heat pump dryers recycle air through an evaporator to remove moisture without losing heat. They use less electricity and are easy to install since they don't require ventilation.
Your new dryer must replace an existing natural gas clothes dryer and be listed as ENERGY STAR Efficient heat pump clothes dryer to get $250 back from BayREN.
Get $250 back on your high efficiency heat pump clothes dryer.
See which upgrades qualify:
|High-Efficiency Appliance Upgrade
High Efficiency Heat Pump Dryer
Heat pump clothes dryer ≥ 4.50 Combined Energy Factor (CEF) (must replace existing natural gas clothes dryer and listed as ENERGY STAR Efficient heat pump clothes dryer)
*Rebates are subject to change. Learn more.
- Rebates are available on a first-come, first-served basis and available for qualifying Bay Area residents with homes built in 2016 or earlier.
- Customers who receive only one, electric or gas, service from PG&E can apply for measures that correspond to the services received.
- Customer must not have previously received a rebate for the same product or equipment from more than one energy-efficiency program offering rebates, financing or other rebates funded with PG&E ratepayer dollars within the past three years for O&M measures and eight years for building shell, HVAC and water heating measures.
- One rebate is offered per measure per address.
- Rebates are capped at $4,000 per eligible customer over an eight-year period. Individual measure rebates may not exceed the measure cost.
To receive a rebate for your induction range or cooktop, you will need to provide:
- Photo(s) of existing appliance(s)
- Photo(s) of installed new appliance and capped gas line(s) that fed the original appliance
- Scan/copy of appliance purchase receipt, showing PAID IN FULL, with model number
- Full copy of your most recent PG&E bill
All necessary documentation can be uploaded in the rebate portal, linked here: https://bayren.myrebateportal.com/
More Efficient Appliance Upgrades
Replace your gas water heater for great rebates, big energy savings and better air quality in your home